The Allergy Diagnostic &
Clinical Research Unit
The Allergy Diagnostic & Clinical Research Unit (ADCRU) of the UCT Lung Institute serves as a centre for the investigation, diagnosis and management of allergic diseases.
It has 5 main areas of operation:
- A state of the art diagnostic and research Allergology laboratory for investigation of allergic reactions to environmental agents, including several allergens unique to Southern Africa.
- A clinical trial section research unit focusing on studies of paediatric and adult asthma, rhinitis, urticaria, eczema, allergen immunotherapy and allergy diagnosis.
- Specialist allergy clinics for investigation and treatment of children and adults with allergic diseases, with a special focus on sublingual and subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy, food allergy, chronic urticaria and drug allergy.
- Training of undergraduates and postgraduates students in clinical and laboratory aspects of Allergology.
- A patient education facility.
Visit Pollen Sampling at www.pollensa.co.za
Download our 2011 Annual Report